The government grants the Mutuelle des employés civils, a fraternal benefit society, legal existence.
First life insurance policies are issued
First office in Montreal opens
- First group insurance contract is signed with the Commission des liqueurs du Québec
- Mortgage loan products are launched
- First Head Office is established
Head Office on Parliament Hill in Quebec City is built
Our first subsidiary, La Capitale General Insurance, begins operations
La Capitale MFQ Real Estate Management, responsible for real estate management and acquisitions, is created
Acquisition of the Hostellerie Parc des Braves retirement home
Regional expansion with the opening of four offices for the Mutuelle des Fonctionnaires du Québec and La Capitale General Insurance
La Capitale General Insurance begins offering products and services to the Quebec general public; expansion of our branch network
La Capitale Insurance and Financial Services is created
Conversion of the mutual company into two legal entities: La Capitale Civil Service Mutual and La Capitale Civil Service Insurer
La Capitale General Insurance launches Legal Access Insurance and commercial insurance
Creation of the affiliated agents distribution network for La Capitale General Insurance
Creation of La Capitale Financial Services, responsible for the distribution of individual insurance and financial products and services to employees in the Quebec public and parapublic sectors
All of our companies undergo a change of name under the "La Capitale" banner, followed by the name of their business line
Construction of a second retirement home, Au Cœur du Bourg
- La Capitale General Insurance is named "Best Employer in Quebec"
- Launch of the first brand awareness campaign by La Capitale Civil Service Mutual to promote the contributions members of the Quebec public service
- Acquisition of L'Unique General Insurance Company, making us the 4th largest property and casualty insurer in Quebec
- La Capitale Insurance and Financial Services launches the health promotion program "Health Is Big Business"
- Acquisition of Orléans General Insurance Company by L’Unique
- Acquisition of AGA Financial Group by La Capitale Financial Group
Acquisition of Penncorp Life Insurance Company, which has its head office in Mississauga, Ontario, marks debut of La Capitale’s Canadian expansion.
Acquisition of York Fire and Casualty Insurance Company, which has its head office in Mississauga, Ontario
- Penncorp and York Fire and Casualty move in a new LEED Gold certified building in Mississauga, Ontario
- Construction of the Delta 3, Quebec City’s first office tower to obtain a LEED certification.
Introduction of the Stow&Grow account, an online,high-yield savings account
- La Capitale deploys its new brand image
- York Fire and Casualty Insurance Company becomes Unica Insurance
- Creation of the La Capitale Financial Group Foundation
- Acquisition of Promutuel Vie
- La Capitale named one of Aon Hewitt’s Top 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Official opening of the La Capitale Building, head office of the Mutual and its subsidiairies, at the heart of the Parliamentary Hill in Quebec City
- AGA Financial Group sold to private investors
- La Capitale once again makes Aon Hewitt’s list of 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Penncorp Life Insurance Company becomes La Capitale Financial Security
- SecuriGlobe, one of Canada’s leading travel insurance distributors, joins La Capitale