Water damage coverage
1 888 522-5260
Water damage is the leading cause of home insurance claims in Quebec.
Do you have adequate coverage?
Get one of the best water damage coverages on the market
An additional discount if your home is equipped with a water leakage detector with a valve that automatically closes the water supply
Unlimited protection in the event of a watermain burst, starting at $10 a year!
Regardless of the age of your residence, you will be covered in the event of a watermain burst, even if it doesn’t cause any damage
The right coverage at the right price
You can add, adjust or remove additional coverage and only pay for what you need
Attractive, flexible coverage in the event of water seepage under the foundation, sewer backup or overflow of body of water
Very attractive coverage amount compared to that offered by our competitors, including the cost of the work carried out to gain access to the broken or ruptured watermain
Make sure you’re adequately covered in the event of water damage!
Types of water damage covered by basic home insurance
- Damage caused by an indoor sanitary system (e.g. dishwasher, washing machine, etc.)
- Damage caused by breakage of a public watermain
Additional coverages available
- Water seepage through the roof, walls, doors or windows (“Above Ground Water” endorsement)
- Sewer backup (“Sewer Backup” endorsement)
- Ground water seepage through foundations (“Groundwater and Sewer Backup” endorsement)
- Tear-out and repair costs of the premises in the event of a watermain breakage or sewer back-up (“Water Supply Lines Breakage” endorsement).
- Damage caused by flooding (“Groundwater, Sewers and Overflow of body of water” endorsement)
Firm in Damage Insurance. At all times, terms and conditions pertaining to coverage are governed solely by the insurance contract. Some conditions and exclusions apply.