A fourth LEED certified building for La Capitale
September 11, 2018 – 425 De Maisonneuve, an office and commercial building in the heart of Montreal, has achieved LEED®-EB Silver certification. This is the fourth building in the real estate portfolio of La Capitale Insurance and Financial Services to have LEED certification.
This distinction reflects the company’s excellent management, quality operations, concern for the preservation of resources and environmental conscience.
425 De Maisonneuve received LEED certification following a major renovation to the building’s interior and exterior, which enhanced its energy efficiency and made it possible to add various facilities and services for the building’s occupants:
- Ground floor and atrium completely redone and improved to allow space for restaurants, meeting and training rooms and a lounge area
- Reduction in water use by 20%
- Reduction in energy use by more than 30%
- Implementation of mixed composting and recycling collection
- Set-up of a recycling station for electrical devices, fluorescent bulbs, ink cartridges, batteries, hazardous materials and office materials
- Enhancement of thermal and acoustic comfort of interior spaces.
In addition to 425 De Maisonneuve, La Capitale’s other LEED certified buildings are located at 625 Jacques-Parizeau St and 2875 Laurier Blvd, in Quebec City, and 7150 Derrycrest Drive, in Mississauga, Ontario.
La Capitale is committed to the well-being of the community and safeguarding the environment. To this end, it adopts and applies measures to which all of its employees adhere.
About La Capitale
La Capitale Insurance and Financial Services, created in 1940, has a strong presence across Quebec and throughout Canada. With over 2,740 employees and guided by the values of mutualism on which it was founded, La Capitale works with clients to build, protect and value what they feel counts for their financial security. It offers insurance products and financial services to the general public as well as to Quebec public service employees. With assets of $7.1 billion, La Capitale occupies a choice position among leading insurers in Canada.
– 30 –