File a claim at 1 800 461-0770
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Do you have leaky pipes, a flooded basement or a broken washing machine hose? These are just some of the numerous water damage scenarios. Fortunately, most of the resulting damage is covered.
- Contact our Claims Department at 1 800 461-0770 to report the loss as soon as possible and to check your coverage before you start incurring costs. This department is available 24 hours a day.
- For a broken pipe, shut off the main water valve.
- Call a plumber, if necessary. You are responsible for the costs of parts and labour.
- Keep the damaged items.
- Remove personal belongings from the affected area.
- Raise the furniture off the floor.
- Contact a cleaning specialist for emergency cleanup need. These expenses will be reimbursed if the water damage is covered
- Contact the city if you suspect the damage was caused by faulty public infrastructure. Send the city written notice within the prescribed time limit in order to retain your right of recourse. Time limits vary according to city-specific legislation.
- If you are a tenant, notify the property owner. If you are a condominium owner, notify the corporation.
- Keep the damaged items for assessment purposes.
Compile a list of damaged property using our damage statement (PDF - 85 ko)