Equity Index GIC
Get advice on insurance, savings and investments
1 844 928-7316
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
Combine the higher return potential of financial markets with the security of a traditional GIC. A portion of the capital of the Equity Index GIC is invested in a market index or an underlying fund, while the other portion is invested at a fixed interest rate established by La Capitale.
5 reasons to choose the Equity Index GIC
- Take advantage of a higher return potential than with traditional GICs.
- Benefit from guaranteed capital at maturity and on death.
- Benefit from progressive interest rate bonuses on certain products once your investments exceed $10,0001.
- Your investments are guaranteed by Assuris, up to $100,000 and $200,000 if you are a Mutual member.
- Withdraw your money at any time2.
1Some conditions apply.
2Subject to applicable fees and penalties.
A win-win solution for every situation!
Even if an index posts negative returns, the annual return for your Equity Index GIC will be equal to or greater than 0% since only a part of your investment is linked to an index.
For information on the market index or underlying fund and allocation of your investment:
See our issue report (PDF - 98 kb)
Read the leaflet (PDF - 6 pages)