Life Income Fund (LIF)
Get advice on insurance, savings and investments
1 855 896-9495
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays
Turn your LIRA or locked-in RRSP into retirement income and watch your savings add up while keeping the taxman away from your money.
5 reasons to open a LIF with La Capitale
- You decide on the amount of income you'd like withdraw, in accordance with the legal minimums and maximums based on your age. Your withdrawal amount may vary from one year to the next. If you are under 65, you can withdraw an additional amount, called "temporary income."
- Take control of your savings: You choose the financial products that suit you best. You can exploit the potential of foreign markets as regulation allows for up to 100% of your portfolio to consist of foreign investments.
- Spread your taxes over several years by only making the minimum withdrawal required by law.
- Benefit from tax-sheltered returns for as long as your savings remain in your LIF.
- Take advantage of the flexibility provided by a La Capitale LIF by converting your savings at any time to a term certain annuity or a life annuity.