Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
Get advice on insurance, savings and investments
1 844 928-7316
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
A RRIF is a logical extension of an RRSP. It allows you to continue to defer taxes on amounts accumulated in your RRSP and only pay taxes on amounts you withdraw from it.
In addition to a RRIF, be sure to open a Flexible Payout GIC, which allows you to make the minimum withdrawals required by law at no charge.
5 reasons to open a RRIF with La Capitale
- Benefit from tax-sheltered returns.
- You decide on the amount of income you'd like withdraw, in accordance with the legal minimum based on your age.
- Take advantage of the flexibility provided by a La Capitale RRIF by converting your savings at any time to a term certain annuity or a life annuity.
- Spread your taxes over several years by only making the minimum withdrawal required by law.
- Choose a beneficiary to receive the accumulated value of your fund in the event of your death.