Financial Security Advisor
Subscribe to the Intrapreneur newsletter Find out more
A financial services intrapreneur's primary role is to be at the service of his or her clients
These advisors develop business relationships and prospective clients with the goal of helping them through various happy events—such as marriage, the birth of a child or the purchase of a home—and the unexpected ones such as the inability to work due to illness. All these events can change a client's financial situation. Staying in touch with clients is a must! Intrapreneurs become important resource people, even an invaluable ally, who clients can count on through thick and thin.
Pierre-Olivier Houde, financial security advisor
"That burst of adrenaline pushed us to the next level! Our greatest challenge, as financial security advisor, is to be structured, well organized and detail oriented. We need these qualities to achieve our goals."
Sandra Napky, financial security advisor
"I chose to focus on the health sector. It appealed to me, because a lot of women I know work in health, and I wanted to make a contribution."
Self-employed with a flexible schedule
Development of personal and professional potential
Specialized, continuous training
A profession of the future
Lots of opportunities for creativity
Inspiring, innovative environment, constantly evolving
Strongly supported by a team of experienced specialists
Recognition programs highlighting success and fulfillment
Above-average income using our winning formula to success
The fulfillment of contributing to people's wealth
- Target market
- The tasks
- The mindset
- Frequently asked questions
Quebec public service employees
La Capitale financial security advisors are privileged to have direct access to these clients as well as serving the general public.
Plus, they are the only ones in the market who have tools that are specifically designed for the pension plans and working conditions of these clients. For this reason, they receive mandatory training based on the ins and outs of the public and parapublic sectors. They are then qualified to analyze these clients’ financial situations, give sound advice and offer the products and services needed to ensure the financial security of clients and their families.
- Develop and build business relations with a network of clients
- Contribute to helping clients reach their financial objectives
- Simplify financial jargon
- Work out solutions
- Monitor clients' financial situations
- Human touch: builds personal and professional relationships naturally
- Insight: listens actively and has analytical skills
- Perseverance: sets goals, wants to learn and exceed expectations
- Tireless: works hard and sticks to it
- Builder: constantly looks for ways to build a client base
How long does it take to complete the process and start working?
- The process varies according to the person's commitment and effort. Our team spends the time necessary with all candidates to ensure that they start off on a solid foundation and can thrive by doing business with us.
What support does La Capitale give career candidates?
- La Capitale is committed to supporting candidates right from the start. We offer personalized supervision. The individual candidates are all made to feel that they are a key priority for each person involved in their training, the preparation of their business plan and their field integration. Intrapreneurs can reach out to their mentorship team members, at any time during the course of their career, for guidance that will help them succeed.
How can I make money during my first year as a financial security advisor?
- A financial security advisor’s compensation could be very attractive. At La Capitale, many advisors earn above-average incomes, win awards and participate in rewarding recognition and training activities. This success is a result of hard work and proven methods that they learn in their basic training. Independence, audacity and ambition are part of this winning formula.
- Statistics from our sales network:
- $60,000 is the average compensation the first year
- 25% of advisors earn more than $100,000
- 10% of advisors earn more than $200,000
- 50% of advisors have an average income above the average established by Statistics Canada
I'm interesed! What do I need to do to find out more?
- Email us your resumé at email@example.com.
- We contact qualified candidates to learn more about them and answer any questions they may have.
- Everyone who is interested is invited to meet our teams at one of our upcoming events.
- As part of the selection process, candidates can experience a typical day on the field with an experienced advisor.
The path to becoming a financial security advisor
- Life Licence Qualification Program (LLQP) courses
- Customized tutoring for obtaining an Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) licence
- AMF licence
- Assessment of market development potential
- Development strategy planning
- Both theory and practice
- Mentoring form the director
- 100% of earnings from Day 1
- Multidisciplinary team
- Personal coaching
- Development support
Book of Business
- Acquisition and development of a book of business from our targeted clients
- Integration in a targeted market
- Development and growth of the firm's book of business