Protection of your personal information
In order to offer you quality products and services, we must obtain, use and store some of your personal information. “Personal information” refers to any information that concerns you and allows us to identify you.
Safeguarding your privacy and ensuring the security of your personal information is important to us. For this reason, La Capitale1 has implemented security and monitoring measures to protect your personal information and privacy, in compliance with the applicable laws. Our security and monitoring measures are based on the principles set out below.
Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information is held by us in order to allow you to benefit from all our products and services.
We collect personal information when it is necessary to perform operations for which we obtain your consent or which are lawful. We collect, store and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To establish your identity and determine if you are eligible for products and services;
- To ensure that the advice, products and services we offer you are appropriate;
- To issue, manage, administer and update your products and services;
- To communicate with you by various methods such as mail, email, text, telephone, other telecommunication methods and social media to convey marketing material or information on the benefits, features, etc. of products or services;
- To study and assess your claims and other information in order to understand who you are, your activities and needs, and to know which products, services or promotions are likely to interest you, including for targeting promotions in accordance with the information we have collected;
- To protect you and ourselves against errors and criminal activities, including as a means for the protection, detection and investigation of fraud, money laundering, cyber bullying and other similar risks and threats;
- To understand and better manage the progression of La Capitale’s activities and develop products and services, including doing market studies, analyzing or using data that we hold on you to develop or adapt products and services that meet your needs.
Only our employees, agents, distribution partners and service providers may access your personal information, and solely when such access is required to perform their duties, carry out their mandates or fulfil their service contracts.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless we have obtained your prior consent, except when legally permitted and when required.
We may also collect personal information from third parties such as credit rating companies, employers, hospitals or financial agencies. We may also communicate with them to verify or complete personal information.
Data warehousing outside of Canada
La Capitale uses service providers located outside of Canada to perform certain operations during the normal course of business. It is possible that your personal information may be used and transferred to another country and would be subject to the laws of that country. Note that La Capitale's protection of personal information policies set out that we must sign contracts with our services providers and have certain measures in place to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal information. These precautions are in place to prevent this information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was collected.
Accuracy of information
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information that we hold concerning you is accurate, complete and up-to-date when it is used. We also count on your cooperation to contact us when there is any change to your personal information.
Access and correction
You can access the personal information we hold or request to have incomplete or inaccurate information corrected. To do so, you must submit a written request.
We have implemented and continue to develop rigorous safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your personal information against loss or theft and any unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
These safeguards include organizational measures such as:
- Security certificates and access to information restricted to that which is required and necessary;
- Physical measures such as employee access cards to our offices, identity cards and registration of visitors, saving and archiving of data on an external system, etc.;
- Technological measures such as passwords that must be frequently changed, encryption and firewalls.
We regularly test our security procedures to assess their efficiency and effectiveness.
Have questions regarding your personal information or confidentiality? Please contact us.
1La Capitale Financial Group Inc. and its partners, agents, service providers and duly authorized representatives as well as any future purchaser of La Capitale or its subsidiaries.